With the negative stories dominating the headlines, from the economic downturn to murders and crime it seems as though a positive story is no-where to be found. Some may think this is a PR professional’s dream, the perfect time to get a tenuous story to land. However, it seems that all media professionals have been lulled into this great media depression.
With the media obsessing about the economic downturn and this being the worst year ever on record for a number of different reasons, there must be a positive story out there to tell.
I know a number of our clients have good news to report. Are they really the only ones? I doubt that. It’s more likely that the media have convinced themselves that people want to sit down after a hard day at work and listen to the woes of the country / world.
Where are the positive stories, surely its time for some festive cheer? Is that well known fizzy drinks company not usually forcing Santa down our throats by now? Have the big supermarket chains not normally spent millions on a mildly entertaining ad campaign, and are there not posters displaying Christmas menus in city centres across the UK?
I’m fed up with doom and gloom. I’m fed up with hearing that we are going into a deep and lengthy recession. Much of England would not change their spending habits if they were not being continually reminded of how bad it’s going to get..
I hope the wider media wake up and realise that if these negative stories continue to dominate print and broadcast they will be to blame for the disaster that is set to be 2009.
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment