Monday, 20 September 2010

Hello, hello, what's this we've got 'ere then?

Just occasionally, a client will give us a real mystery to not only solve but also generate PR from and just recently Nelsons gave us such a challenge. So, like a demented cross between Arthur Negas and Miss Marple, I set about a little bit of research.

The article in question appears to be a truncheon (which, in light of modern email security, made choosing the subject line for enquiries a challenge) and has been found at their Nottingham offices.

So I set out to find an expert on truncheons (or maybe tipstaves) to help me work out what exactly it is and where it belongs. This is where a good internet search comes into its own and I am delighted to say that I am now in contact with a very pleasant and enthusiastic gentleman who is endeavouring to help me solve the mystery. Fingers crossed for an interesting outcome and watch this space for further revelations.

No comments: