Before I sit down to write our blogs, I peruse the internet for other business blogs that offer some inspiration, insightfulness or interest to me, but that’s not always what I find.
I don’t feel in any way, like an ‘expert blogger’. I found myself in this role a little accidentally when our previous message merchant was away for 2 weeks and I nodded in compliance to the question, ‘Do you mind doing a few of her jobs for a bit?’ Not that I mind at all though. It’s a great way to channel my creativity, seeing as I’m rubbish at graphic design! However, I do feel that I’ve learnt a lot from writing these blogs though, and therefore my opinions are in a small part educated.
I personally do enjoy writing blogs, it means that I hear about aspects of the business that I wouldn’t usually be involved in, and it’s quite humbling to think that people would take time out of their day to read something that I’ve written, for pleasure, not because they’re grading it! As much as the blogs are a great tool for businesses, I’ve found it so important to keep the human element in it too. Blogs are not computer generated, and I feel that the most successful ones are the ones that sound personal. Pieces of writing that aren’t just a list of great things that the company has done or are going to do, but an insight into the atmosphere and feel of the business through the eyes and the character of someone actually living it. I think it’s more interesting that way, and I hope that’s the feeling you get when reading my blogs.
Monday, 28 February 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment